Pinacoteca Civica - Teramo
The Pinacoteca Civica is housed in a neoclassical building located in the Villa Comunale. Already the seat of the Provincial Economic Society, it was then purchased by the Municipality and in 1930 adapted to house a Museum. Rebuilt in 1958 and 1979, it was finally renovated in 1996. The heritage preserved in it, whose oldest nucleus dates back to 1863, consisting of works mostly from churches and convents, has been enriched over time through donations and deposits, and includes paintings, paintings and sculptures of the 800 and 900, pottery castle of 1700, graphic works of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. Some paintings of the XV century attributed to Giacomo da Campli are of great value, as are paintings of the XVII and XVIII centuries by Francesco Solimena, Francesco De Mura, Ludovico David etc., works by artists from Abruzzo of the XIX and XX centuries including Giuseppe Bonolis, Gennaro della Monica, Pasquale Celommi, Cesare Averardi, Guido Montauti and Giovanni Melarangelo. For sculpture, the works of the nineteenth-century sculptor Pagliaccetti are important.